Bath & Body Works Mentha Lip Gloss
1. Name of the product: Bath and Body Works Mentha Lip Gloss
2. Part of beauty: Lips
3. What is it supposed to do? Provide shine, give a minty scent and taste (“For fresh breath” according to the tube)
4. Price: Between $1.00 and $7.50 (Again, Bath & Body Works is one of those great places where you can usually catch some sort sale or clearance. Since they have so many seasonal items, you might think about popping in just after New Years or a couple of days after Valentine’s Day to catch some great seasonal items for a song–that’s what I do. Even now, however, there is a buy 2, get 1 free special on lip products. Just follow the link: http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=11226354&cm_sp=LN-_-Sheer+Lip+Gloss-_-Mentha+Lip+Gloss&cp=4090259.4090258.4090273.11228507)
5. Directions: Apply it to lips.
6. Ingredients: Polybutene, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Flavor, Octyldodecanol, Peppermint Oil, Canola Oil, Silica Silylate, Quaternium-1B Hectorite, Sodium Saccharin, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Propylene Carbonate, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine
7. Special features? Contains natural peppermint oil.
8. Reaction: I actually like this product! It is very shiny and fairly long lasting on your lips. It does have a bracing peppermint smell and is quite tasty. LOL. At certain points, Bath & Body Works will offer different colors and flavors–I think it might be seasonal. However, the tubes that I have have been around for a while. I have Pink Mint, Berry Shimmer, and Strawberry Sundae. It left my lips smooth.
Ok. So, honestly, this is not a product that I would choose if I were going to work. Certainly not. But, it is a fun weekend look. If you have teenagers or young adults for whom you are looking to buy an inexpensive present–look no further. Also, it is a little on the thick side–I thin that this is what gives it that patent leather shine. I would imagine that long hair might get stuck it, as well. But it wasn’t so thick that I felt like Mushmouth or anything like that.
This is a product that I might keep in my purse–particularly in the winter to guard against that cold wind while looking cute at the same time.