Open the drawer…..
Welcome to your new fashion accessory: my messy makeup drawer!
I have three drawers, actually, crammed full of all imaginable beauty products. Is there some deeper, larger rant that I could run into about vanity, commercialism, and so forth? Perhaps. But, that’s just not as fun as telling anyone who’s interested about the best lip balms and which shampoos work the best for me.
And, that’s what this blog is all about. I don’t want you to have read a bunch of junk as I attempt to wax poetic about lipstick. Nope, I want to make sure that I describe products in detail from price point to consistency to how it smells to how well it does what it says it will do. On top of all that, I’m a regular working stiff—I don’t have tons of money to shell out (in fact, I shouldn’t shell out as much as I do) for cosmetics and beauty products. Chances are, you don’t have a trust fund just for beauty products, either. Maybe I can save you some money! So, now my messy makeup drawer is YOUR messy makeup drawer.
Each blog entry will have several basic parts, set up kind of like a dictionary, so that you don’t have to search around:
1. Name of the product (of course!)
2. Part of beauty: Eye, lips, face, skin care, hair care, nails
3. What is it supposed to do? (For example, keep lips moisturized)
4. Price: (The price I paid for it)
7. Special features? (For example, petroleum jelly free—particular important for me because petroleum products cause me breakouts)
8. Reaction: This is where I talk about what I, personally, thought about the product.
Hopefully, you will get involved and leave comments about your experiences with the product—everyone is different. I am black, I have curly hair that is a little oily, I have combination skin, and I live in the South. What works for me may not work for others. I’m always open to other opinions.
Let’s get going!